Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Yarn Along: Mother's, Daughter's, and Pom Poms



I am really almost done with my daughter's scarf.  It's about two thirds of the way there...just need a little more length.  I spent a few hours Friday practicing purl stitch and cable stitch.  I took the advice many of you lovely ladies gave me and found some tutorials on YouTube.  It seemed easy...so I grabed my yarn and needles and got to it.  I was hoping to have a picture to share, but I must confess, the stitches looked rather...well, not good.  I need to do a little more practicing before I post any pictures.


On the reading front, I finished The Brazen Bride.  It actually got quite good once the story focused on the hero and heroine's pursuit of The Black Cobra...the mystery leader of a group of assasins wrecking havoc in India.  I just started reading Bed and Breakfast by Lois Battle.  It's a story about a widow who is estranged from her three adult daughters and their journey towards reconciliation.  It is very engaging and I am enjoying it very much.


Isabella and I are steadily working on Harry Potter, Book 1.  She is enjoying it immensley; especially since we see little bits of the movie as we read.  And I am enjoying reliving the magic!


Linking with Ginny.



5 comments :

  1. Your scarf looks great and I love the colors. I have never read the Harry Potter books, but two of my boy's did and they loved all of them.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I knitted a few of these scarves last year. Really fun yarn to use. I love the effect of it. My eldest is reading the Harry Potter series as her bedtime story. It is lovely to be re-reading them with her.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That is some scarf! Such bright and summery colors. Have a lovely weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The colors of the scarf are so cheerful! You have made great progress it looks like it is almost done.

    ReplyDelete