Monday, June 27, 2011

Weekending: The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly





I had an early start to my weekend...unfortunately, not in a good way though.  My car died on Wednesday evening.  It just gave up.  Apparently it needs a new transmission.  My husband and I had decided that when the car became too expensive to fix we would get a new one.  However, we also decided to remodel the bathroom and that this car may not be a bad "first car" for my son so...no new car.  Sigh!

The up side of the story is that once I had come to terms with the fact that we were gonna fork out A LOT of money to fix this car, I had it towed and then let it go, and the rest of the weekend was great!

Isabella and I played hookie on Thursday (due to lack of car) and spent the day lazying away.  Then, we went to a youth theater production of Annie where my very talented cousin played Miss Hannigan.  It was loads of fun!  On Friday I watched the Black Swan with my hubby.  It had been sitting in our TV cabinet for weeks, so it was nice to have some grown up time to watch it while Bella was having fun at summer camp.  Then I made a big batch of spaghetti and watched two episodes of Glee when Bella went to bed. 

Saturday was a clean up day.  Vacuuming, dusting, laundry, washing cars...grilling, Battleship, puzzle making, Karaoke.  Then on Sunday I went with Bella's Daisy troop to Build-A Bear and lunch as a celebration for meeting our cookie selling goal. 

So what started off kind of sad turned into something wonderful.  My only complaint is that it's over.  But, there's always next weekend :)

How was your weekend?

Joining Amanda.

5 comments :

  1. I'm so sorry about your car. There are times I wish we still used a horse and buggy. What did you think of Black Swan? I've seen it advertised, but haven't seen it. Is the picture squash you grew?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Bummer about the car! The zucchini picture looks so delicious, I might make that this week, thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oooh that squash looks good. Sorry about your car! I hate car troubles; they are the worst. But I'm glad you made some lemonade out of the situation.

    Did you like the Black Swan? I could see how it was beautiful in ways...but all that rash scratching and risky finger nail clipping really made me feel nervous...and itchy.

    ReplyDelete
  4. cars are painfully expensive once they get paid off ;-) i had to put mine in the shop last wednesday too for new brakes :(

    ReplyDelete
  5. Bummer about the car :(. But I love your optimism! How was black swan? I love Natalie portman & I love dance but I think it might be too dark for me. Love going to plays! Haven't seen Annie yet, but it's on the list!! And build a bear is favorite here too. What a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete