Monday, June 20, 2011

Weekending (Part 2): Jump Start On Summer

Sunday dawned overcast and cold.  Not great news when we had BIG plans for Father's Day...BIG plans.


But we didn't let a little funky weather get us down!!  We packed up our picnic baskets and headed to the park for a day out in nature.  What better way to spend Father's Day?


A group of us got together for some fun and games.


There was tennis...





Some scooter riding...




Leisurely walks...




Nature spotting...




And some shelter building.




We had a great lunch and managed two games of volleyball and a game of Cranium, of which I have no pictures because I was too busy participating :)  


I have to say, it was a lovley start to what I hope will be a wonderful summer.


How was your weekend?


Joining Amanda for Weekending.

2 comments :

  1. I can't believe ya'll are in jackets when on this side of the US we are just melting!
    Did you like the almond butter? I love it, especially with steel cut oats.
    Your park looks like a lovely place to visit.
    Here is to a great summer!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tracey...LOVED the almond butter!! Gonna have to make it a staple :)

    ReplyDelete