Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Yarn Along: Finally Finished!

Joining Ginny for Yarn Along.


The scarf is finally finished!!!






She is very pleased...and so am I. 


I can finally move on to something else...well, not something else really...more like new yarn.






Yes, I'm on to another scarf using the most beautiful ribbon in Fall colors.  This one is going to be for me :)  Can't wait to wear it!!


On the reading front, since last I posted I have finished Bed and Breakfast by Lois Battle.  It was a great story about mothers, daughters, forgiveness, and love.  I also chewed through two books on my Kindle...Life's a Beach by Claire Cook, which was so funny it had me laughing out loud, and 13 Little Blue Envelopes by Maureen Johnson which was a sweet story.  Of the two though, I recommend Cook...great lighthearted summer read.


Right now I'm making my way through Anne Rivers Siddons' Fault Lines.  It's a little heavy, but Siddons is such a terrific writer and her stories are so touching and relatable, that I'm blasting right through it.


And of course, Harry Potter 1 is still on our bedside table :)


Oh...and here's Today's 5.  



4 comments :

  1. The finished scarf is pretty and the model is even prettier! I have been on a scarf/shawl kick for quite some time. I really enjoy Ann River Siddons, I have read most of her books.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how your scarf turned out, but the best part of the picuture is you daughter's smile! What a doll!
    Great colors for your scarf and you're right, it's perfect for fall.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very cute scarf.

    My niece and I went yarn shopping yesterday at Michaels here in Connecticut and she loved the pom-pom yarn, too.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Jen...it is the funnest yarn and soooo soft!! Makes great scarves!!

    ReplyDelete