Friday, May 13, 2011

This Moment

Joining SouleMama...
"{this moment} - A Friday ritual. A single photo - no words - capturing a moment from the week. A simple, special, extraordinary moment. A moment I want to pause, savor and remember."


I'm gonna cheat a little and offer up a few words this week.  Last Saturday Julian and I participated in the Revlon Run/Walk for Women in memory of my cousin, Lisette who passed away in February (see this post).  It was bittersweet...missing my cousin who was taken away far too young and humbled by all of the women who have braved and conquered this horrible disease.  The feeling of love...for my son who got up at 5:30am to do this with me, for my husband who donated the remainder of the money needed for me to reach my goal of $1000, for all of the people, the tens of thousands, who gathered this day to show their love and support for the surviving and the lost, and for my cousin who I think about everyday...was overwhelming.  A moment to savor and always remember...



2 comments :

  1. I think the cheating is just about right! Heal well.

    My moment.
    http://www.birthroutes.com/home/this-moment.html

    ReplyDelete
  2. beautiful picture & beautiful moment. wanted to thank you also for visiting my blog.

    it was feeling a little lonely...

    have a wonderful weekend.

    ReplyDelete